Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Aventuras de "Rica" y "Flaca"-- el pacifico

The morning after our descent from Chirripo, Kelly and I stumbled out of bed to catch the 7 am bus to San Isidro. From here, we decided to hit up the central-southern Pacific coast. We had poor timing, though, as a hurricane had hit the weekend we came down Chirripo and one would follow shortly. Well, perhaps it was lucky. We went to the Parque Marino Ballena, which has renouned snorkeling, but the water was so choppy, with debris strewn everywhere on the beach, we opted for some hammock time, rather than swimming. I did get some nice walks along the beach in, between rain storms. The place we stayed at was very nice, and the owner made me something to cure my stomach ailments (it had been acting up since before I left La Selva). I'm not sure if it was finally the rest, her tea, or something else, but something worked. After some nice relaxation, we were ready to try our luck a little father north on the coast, and drove to the next largest town Dominical. It was an American-ized surf town. It had been flooded during this past hurricane, and they had just finally cleaned everything up a few days prior to our arrival (so our luck wasnt much better). Still, we got some relaxation, walks along the beach, and more rain. I would have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the American surf towns, though. The gringos didnt make much of an effort to interact with the ticos. There were american surf brands plastered everywhere. Too much english speaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home