Friday, March 25, 2005

some furry friends:

bueno amigos! meet rico suave the big hairy resident spider of my bathroom. rico liked to hang out near the toilet or in the shower, poised to launch himself off the wall and into my hair and down my shirt. or so i was convinced. one nite rico and i went to take a shower. once working up the nerve to rearch across rico (who was chilling next to the water faucet) i turned on the water. and scared the resident frog who also lives in my bathroom. the frog freaked out and went jumping up the wall straight for rico. jumped into rico, freaked out again, and jumped onto the ceiling. rico freaked out, dropped the insect he was eating, and scurried towards me. i squealed like a little girl. rico freaked out again. and scurried back to the faucet. where he chilled for the remainder of my shower. yeah, i know, i'm a girl.

and here are some pictures of bats! the long term german researchers here are all studying bats. a few weeks ago, one of the girls brough back a couple speices for show and tell. unfortunately i dont remember the names, but enjoy the pictures! the other 2 were off one of the trails. they had made a little tent out of a palm frond by chewing along the mid-rib.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those bat pictures are about the cutest things I've ever seen. Except for all my animals, of course. And I'm sure all the monkeys down there are cuter. But just the same, I would like to add bats to the things I require you to show me when I am down there. :) Not spiders, though. We can leave those out.
Heather

3/26/2005 09:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home